LANDING ON THE LAWN
BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE COSMOSPHERE
6:00 - 11:30 P.M.
ON THE HUTCHINSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE LAWN ON PLUM STREET BETWEEN 12TH AVE AND 13TH AVE.
Help us celebrate the 50th anniversary of Man’s first steps on the Moon with this FREE public, family-focused event! Held in conjunction with Hutchinson Community College and the Hutch Rec.
• Live science demonstrations
• Hands-on, Moon and space-themed activities
• Musical performances
• Children’s story time
• Puppet Show
• Giant lawn Games
• Corvette Show
• Food and adult beverage vendors
• Moon and planet observing
• CBS footage of the 1969 Moon landing, plus a special Smithsonian Channel screening of “The Day We Walked on the Moon”
• And more!
• Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, bug spray and wear your favorite attire from 1969!
The Hutchinson Art Center will help run the Moon Landing Footprints and Memories Sidewalk Chalk Station! Swing on by and say hi!